Monday, July 9, 2018

The best two years


 Hello everyone!!

We had a great week this past week!  We were really busy, we taught a lot of lessons, and did a lot of contacting.  The usual missionary routine.  I'm gonna miss that a lot, I love the mission so much.  I love being here with the Tahitian people, I love preaching the gospel, I love spending all day every day doing the Lord's work.  I love feeling the spirit all the time, and seeing that spirit touch other people and their lives.  I love coming home every day dead form all the hard work of the day.  I love meeting new people, and feeling like an emissary of the Savior as I help them know and learn the gospel and know our Savior himself.  I love felling so good about every day, and I'm really grateful for all of the good that i have been able to do.

We were able to find 6 new investigators this  week, which is more than the rest of the transfer combined.  We found two different families, both of which were references from members.   They are awesome and very potential, and I know that I won't be here to see what happens to them, but I know that the Lord's work will continue to move forward, and I have done my part.  It is going to be really hard to say goodbye to everyone, man.

I had my last zone conference on Wednesday, and there I gave my "last testimony", with all of the other missionaries that are leaving.  That was kind of hard, and a really weird experience.  I am really really going to miss the mission...

Well, the 2 years have come to an end.  I am incredibly grateful for these past two year, and for this amazing experience that I have had.  I can testify that my mission has without a doubt completely changed my life.  It has had an incomparable impact on me, and i'm sure that my life will never be the same.  I do not regret anything about my decision to serve a mission, it was one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my life.  I have loved every single day of the past two years.  Was it hard?  No not really.  The only real hard thing is seeing people choose not to follow the Savior, and choose to stay in a life that could be so much better with the Gospel.  It is hard to see investigators drop you, and fail to keep commitments.  Because you love them so much and their  poor decisions can be so painful.  But I have loved every other part of the mission.  If anyone is considering leaving on a mission, DO IT!  Don't listen to what anybody says about how hard it is going to be, about getting homesick, or I don't know whatever other reason.  Leave on your mission because you love the Lord and you want to follow him, and you will love every part of it, and will be forever changed.

The mission has taught me so many things.  It has taught me that the Lord keeps his promises.  Every time.  I have learned that a life centered around Christ is the happiest way to live life.  I have learned that the commandments are the principles of happiness, and that they are ALL there for a reason, and that they are there to protect us, and to help us have a better life and return home to our Heavenly Father.  I know that he loves each and every one of us, no matter what stupid things we have done, no matter our age, no matter where were are in life.  And he cares.  He is in ever one of our lives, if we are humble enough to look for Him, and to believe.  I have learned to love my fellow beings and to serve them.  I have learned humility, although I still have a long way to go.  I have learned patience, and have become a lot more like my Savior, I hope.  And most of all, I know with every fiber of my body and soul that our Savior and our God is real, and that he lives.  And I love Him so much.

And I love all of you, and I'll see you soon.

Elder McQuiston

Pics:  Last goodbye to the Moorea elders, feeding a chicken some fries at McDonald's (totally normal here), jamming out with the boys, some more goodbyes.









No comments:

Post a Comment