Monday, July 2, 2018

rough week

Hey fam!!

This past week has been a crazy week.  It was actually really tough.  We had a lot of bad news this week, a lot of cancellations, lost a few investigators, and did a whole lot of door to door.  But that's alright.  God just wanted to test me to make sure that I would keep working hard and stay positive, even at the very end of my mission.

We had some bad news from all of our fixed baptisms, and had to cancel all of them.  :(  Looks like I won't be getting a baptism before I leave after all.  That's alright tho!  Raymond and Josephine are doing great they went to Moorea for the weekend and we'll be seeing them again tomorrow.

We had more bad news that was pretty shocking...last week we had a great lesson with mama Cecile, the Chinese grandma.  This week we went back to see her again, ready to get things ready for her baptism, because the week before she had FINALLY accepted Joseph Smith and Baptism after taking the lessons for probably over 20 years.  Well, when we get there, a neighbor told us that mama Cecile had a heart attack and passed away the day after our lesson.   That was sad news...but also I really feel like my companion and I had been  instruments int he Lord's hands.  It almost seems like it was her time to go, but God wanted to make sure that she accepted the gospel before leaving this earth, and sent us over on his errand.  I am really grateful that I was able to play a part in that miracle, as sad as it is.

I know that hit really is the Lord's work, I have seen it first had for the last two years.  I know that he lives and that he cares about each one of us, and wants all of us to return to him.  I love you all!

Elder McQuiston

Pics:  The first two are from the top of a mountain, and the second two are with DMP and a huge plate of sashimi,  sooo good.








No comments:

Post a Comment