Friday, July 22, 2016

One week down...


Well i'm already done with one week :(

So i'm sure you guys have already heard the huge news about the buy students' findings in S America.      
They found super convincing evidence that they found Zarahemla the other day.  They found remains of medical technology that is more advanced than our technology for knee surgery.  So I guess that means they must've had a lot of Knee-Fights hahahaha sorry that was bad I know.

The MTC is so cool.  I love my district so much, they're so funny.  Especially my district leader Elder Claflin.  He's from Wyoming I think.  But he's the funniest guy, his story telling kills me every time.  A super funny story, in the middle of the night Elder Cottle (he's in a tripanionship with Elder Claflin and Elder Dayton) starts talking super loud and wakes up Elder Claflin, and starts saying "Elder Claflin, Elder Claflin wake up I can't find Elder Dayton anywhere, he just left and I can't find him"  Almost in tears hahaha. so Elder Claflin went over to Elder Dayton, who was sleeping and says, "he's right here" but Elder Cottle was already back asleep.  Hahaha so that's kinda been our joke for this first week, he's gotten so much crap from that.

Well we taught our first investigator this week, and his name was Vai.  He only spoke French the whole time, so it was pretty tough.  I'm super glad I took so much French, because we had 5-20 minute lessons, and my companion was not very much help in the French department.  Especially at the beginning, he got better but he end.  But on the second lesson, I think it was, he had like some sort of stress/nervous reaction and couldn't stop chuckling.  I taught my first part, looked over at him, and just chuckles.  So I did his part and my second part, looked over, just chuckles.  I ended up giving the entire 20 minute lesson on likely fourth day here haha thanks Elder Bradshaw...

Yah everything is pretty much going good here, I memorized the first vision and the baptismal invitation and Moroni 10:4-5 in french as well as all the basic core because I already knew all the conjugations and stuff that everyone was learning about, and that really paid off in the lessons.  I'd highly recommend that, because they mean a lot more and the spirit is stronger when it's from memory instead of off a script.  But there is still so much French to learn.  I've gotten three tenses down, mostly before I got here, but there's probably 10 or 12 different tenses i'm going to have to learn to conjugate the verbs right, so yah that's gonna be tough.  I've started reading le livre de mormon en Francais tho, so hopefully that'll help.  

And for everyone that's asked me, the food isn't bad here.  There's a lot of different stuff to choose from, so it works for pretty much everyone.   From salads to straight ice cream.  (which I might've done one time).  I mean it's definitely not a chick fil a or cafe rio but it's not too bad.

Cya next week!

Elder McQuiston

The guys in my district

Me and my comp. Elder Bradshaw


Me and a Friend from High School



My district

No comments:

Post a Comment